Re: MySQL installation in cygwin

Hi Gerrit,
   I had mysql server 3.23.53 running cygwin 1.3.14-1
on a XP Pro.
I compiled the mysql  source code in cygwin using gcc
2.95.2 ( I had to specify CC=gcc-2 and CXX=g++-2).
   The mysql worked. The problem I had was I could not
add users using GRANT command. So I am trying to add a
root user to my XP Pro and then trying to install
cygwin and mysql to see if there are issues with root
permissions. Also I saw the error message that setuid
- permission denied, when I started mysqld server as
root user in cygwin. So  I am in the process of doing
the entire installation as root.

Thanks