This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Notice of intention to release Perl module specific to Cygwin
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Soren Andersen" <soren_andersen at speedymail dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, module-authors at perl dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:08:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: Notice of intention to release Perl module specific to Cygwin
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <20021112070420.2AC24457D3F@server5.fastmail.fm>
Am Dienstag, 12. November 2002 um 08:04 schriebst du:
> [posted today to email@example.com; posted to firstname.lastname@example.org
> (via Gmane) in order to try to get Cygwin's worthies in the loop].
> Subject: Where it runs or what it Does?? (RFC)
> Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:56:00 -0500
> One "trouble" is that conceptually the persons involved with perl on
> Cygwin don't all want any sort of Cygwin:: namespace and don't really
> agree that there's anything unusual about Cygwinperl that differentiates
> it from any generic *nix perl. I know better: on Cygwin, there is always
> going to be more than one canonical-ly-correct way to refer to a file by
> path name (!!):
> So my present analysis is that my module belongs in a base namespace of
> "Filesys::" and maybe could be named "CygwinPaths"? I think it would keep
> the maintainer of Cygwin Perl happy -- or should -- if named like this.
> What do YOU think?
If you like, why not introduce a namespace CYGWIN:: or Cygwin::, e.g.
there are several modules you didn't mention which are supposed to run
*for* or *with* a specific application like Apache:: or XMail:: or
PLP:: or YAML::, so why not introduce the namespace Cygwin:: (if you
look at Cygwin like just another application).
I would be perfectly happy with a Cygwin:: namespace!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html