Re: Setup installed to c:/cygwin/usr/bin

On 15 Nov 2002 at 11:37, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> The above is standard setup behavior.  Setup simply unpacks the files
> from a package to the directories from which they have been packaged.
> It also reads the mount table and resolves directory references
> (cygfile:// is setup's way of indicating the file is in the cygwin
> posix directory tree, the third '/' is actually the root directory).
>
> In your case, setup doesn't seem to resolve /usr/bin to c:\cygwin\bin
> (a standard mount).  Please post the output of mount to the list.

  C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
  C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
  C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
  c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
  d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)
  i: on /cygdrive/i type user (binmode,noumount)
  k: on /cygdrive/k type user (binmode,noumount)
  l: on /cygdrive/l type user (binmode,noumount)
  n: on /cygdrive/n type user (binmode,noumount)
  o: on /cygdrive/o type user (binmode,noumount)
  p: on /cygdrive/p type user (binmode,noumount)
  q: on /cygdrive/q type user (binmode,noumount)
  s: on /cygdrive/s type user (binmode,noumount)
  x: on /cygdrive/x type user (binmode,noumount)
  y: on /cygdrive/y type user (binmode,noumount)
  z: on /cygdrive/z type user (binmode,noumount)

> Also, if your mounts turn out to be user mounts, make sure you ran
> setup as the same user that you have cygwin installed for.  Or, better
> yet, remount all standard mounts as system mounts.

It is possible that I was a logged in as a different user for the second install,
but it isn't clear how that would affect setup, since these are system mounts.

-Norton