Re: cygwin with opengl

Nigel wrote:
James, Thanks for such an informative and detailed response. It turns out to be a FAQ for our OpenGL students who like to compile on Linux and Cygwin. http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~gl/teaching/cs549/index.html Do you mind if I recycle your posting? And yes, we hit the same "but why doesn't gcc just _know_ what I want, like MSVC _seems_ to..." mentality... Cheers, Nigel
It would be simpler and better if you directed your students to the relevant README file:

/usr/doc/opengl-1.1.0/README.txt

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL package to cygwin@cygwin.com .