New setup.exe beta.

We're at that time again, where your testing directly influences the
quality of setup.exe that you get to run.

So,
at http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/ there is a new setup.exe
snapshot, that is (as far as we know) devoid of major bugs.

It has many many new features. They include:

* More command line options.
* Can disable McAfee temporarily (for users who get blue screens when
installing cygwin).
* Better FTP server support.
* Faster setup.ini parser (usable on > 1Mb ini files), and
* Support for dpkg style syntax in setup.ini - that is the 'Sources' and
'Releases' syntax. This allows versioned file dependencies amongst other
things.
* Builds with g++-3, so will build OOTB on a current cygwin install.
* GUI feedback during MD5 verification, so you can tell your machine has
not crashed!
* And many more quality tweaks.

A BIG thanks to the net contributors who have helped make this beta what
it is. I'll dig up a full list of names from the ChangeLog when we
actually release setup.exe :}.

Please, please, try this setup.exe out and tell us what you think.

Rob

--
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.