Re: ftell() bug

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 10:53:56AM +0500, Serge P. Voronin wrote:
>I'm find a bug in ftell() while compiling with -mno-cygwin flag (see
>attachment).  If we compile program without -mno-cygwin flag, then no
>bug present.

Try compiling the program on linux or unix and see what you get.
You'll see that cygwin output from your program agrees with linux
or unix.  IMO, the windows runtime that Mingw (-mno-cygwin) uses
is wrong.  However, it doesn't really matter.  Cygwin adheres to
UNIX conventions.

Btw, in the future it would be better to 1) include your test case
as text.  There is no reason to encode a text file.  2) describe
your problem rather than asking others to infer it.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .