Re: Postgresql build fails ...

May I use this DBD::PG without cygwin? I'm asking, because I want to make an exe-file out of the perl-script, and perl2exe will include DBD and postgres-libs but I don't think that it will also include the cygwin-libs.

Best regards and thanks a lot,

Stephan

Elfyn McBratney wrote:
Hi,

You've got what you need to compile DBD::PG with /bin/pq.dll. You may have to synlink but I can't remember what the prefix is. Try:

$ ln -s /bin/pq.dll /bin/cygpq.dll

The above name may be wrong, check the list archives, but we've been using the DBD::PG mod at work since I started with cygwin (a year ago) so it does work the postgres on cygwin...
--
Stephan Harren
Manager Site Operations