RE: idea for a new project, libntcmd

IMHO, you've missed the point of cygwin.  As I understand cygwin, it's a
tool for unix users that have to use windows(or programmers trying to
port a unix program to win32), not a tool to introduce unix to windows
users.  And there is already a tool for running windows makefiles, GNU
make was ported to win32 long time ago.