Re: Setup hangs repetedly

Colin Harrison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting the same sort of problems:-
> compress+bz::error calls + blank chooser lines and various hangs.
> I've removed cygwin as its too alpha for my use.

You might like to consider that many *many* people use Cygwin and don't have
these problems. In fact, I'd characterize it as release-quality. Bugs
happen, but they happen rarely.

I'm sorry you have problems, but you might like to bear in mind that you
have provided very little information concerning what your problem is. We
are not clairvoyant. I do not experience this problem, and I do not recall
any previous reports of anything like it. We have no hope of fixing a bug,
when we don't even know exactly what it is.

If you are fed up with Cygwin, fine.

If you want to try and get this bug fixed, I suggest you post a link to a
screenshot of the problem. If you don't have any suitable webspace, then
email it directly to me - *not the list*.

Max.