Re: gzip bzip2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Landheer-Cieslak" <ronald@landheer.com>
To: "Henning, Brian" <brian.henning@navitaire.com>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 4:09 AM
Subject: Re: gzip bzip2

> ignore my previous message: replace the "z" by a "j", not the "x".
>
> The stuff about this not being a Cygwin qeustion remains, though

While we are 'off-topic' - thought I might note that the j flag isn't
'standard' - but does happen to work on most recent copys of tar which get
distributed since bz2 is popular.  I keep wondering where the flags gone on
my dec alpha, then i remember i forgot to find and apply the patch when i
compiled tar.