Re: some probelms about in porting from Linux to windows

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 08:31:05PM +0800, fengrui@Legend.com wrote:

> Hi all:
>
>     I'm porting some programs from linux to windows using cygwin. Cygwin is
> really a great software, which reduce a great deal of my work.
>
>     I have occured some problems. In my program, I use some config files,
> whose path like "/etc/**.d/**.conf". Of course I can use windows path
> pattern like "c:\\cygwin\etc\**.d\**.conf". But I wonder if there has some
> methods which can set root path ("/") of my program, so I can still use the
> linux path pattern like "/etc/**.d/**.conf" only with cygwin1.dll in
> release evrionment, which is to say,  in a compute whose OS is windows
> without installing cygwin, just copied to cygwin1.dll.

I don't understand your problem.  Cygwin provides you with the necessary
conversions between POSIX and WIN32 paths so all you have to do is...
nothing in terms of paths.  Just use the POSIX paths as the application
expects and *especially* ...

>    Who can give me some advice? Can it do work if I set the registry table
> :
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/

...DON'T MESS AROUND WITH THE REGISTRY.  The registry is used internally
in Cygwin and even though it might take some time from now on, it *will*
go away at some point in the future.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.