Re: Interest in gcc 3.2.2?

Bart - I am using JNI, so I compile the C++ stuff with g++ 3.2.2 and I compile the java stuff with J2SDK 1.4.1.  Then, they can magically talk to each other so I can hook up my legacy code to java, RMI, Jini, JDBC, etc.  The Java stuff runs in Sun's JRE 1.4.1 and calls the C++ code through the JNI.  I also have callbacks from the C++ code into Java objects running in the JVM.

So, in response to the question "Are you or aren't you compiling your java program to a native executable??", the answer is a resounding "Yes".

Alan Thompson

P.S. My apologies if the JNI part didn't quite leap out in my first message....it was a followup to a previous thread about <iostream> and JNI with g++ 3.2.

P.P.S.  I hadn't thought about compiling Java to a native executable.  I'll have to think about that for future projects, perhaps.