Re: wvWare and cygwin

If I make the following change to wv2's configure, I can then make the package

25826c25826
< ac_link='$CC -o conftest$ac_exeext $CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext $LIBS >&5'
---
> ac_link='$CC -o conftest$ac_exeext $CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext $LDFLAGS $LIBS >&5'

Basically ...
  gcc -o conftest.exe -O2 -liconv conftest.c
produces quite different results from
  gcc -o conftest.exe -O2 conftest.c -liconv
which are the compile lines from the test being run by configure.

How the original test works elsewhere but fails on cygwin
is beyond me at this time.

Max asked
> Umm... Why not fix the test?

To do a good job of this I would need to know or learn much
more than what I need to just be able to make this package.
I am not in any position to be messing with autoconf which
is what generated the configure in the first place.

I would run linux at my work if I could but I can't at this time.
Previously I have always had access to various unix boxes at my work.
Cygwin makes life at work bearable.

Many thanks