ecasound 2.2.1 on cygwin

Hi,

ecasound 2.2.1, which was just released a few moments ago, now
cleanly compiles and runs under Cygwin.

I must say I was suprised how easy the porting job was and how well it
runs. Ecasound contains a lot of tricky stuff (lots of threads, fork()s
from threads, use of POSIX real-time features signal, etc), but it seems
to run just fine under Cygwin. Only placed I needed __CYGWIN32__ was for
defining C99 int types (u_intX_t -> uintX_t). I even managed to get mp3
input working using a patched mpg123 (ecasound forks mpg123 for mp3
input). Anyway, big thanks to all cygwin developers, great work!

As /dev/dsp is still write-only in cygwin, only a subset of ecasound
real-time functionality is available, but you can still do quite a few
things with it. Is someone working on /dev/dsp recording?

And last, a few excerpts from the 2.2.1 announcement for those of you who
have not heard about ecasound. Full announcement is at:
http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/announce_v2_2_1.txt

--cut--
2. What is ecasound?

Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio
processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback,
recording and format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect
processing, mixing, recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports
a wide range of audio inputs, outputs and effect algorithms.
Effects and audio objects can be combined in various ways, and their
parameters can be controlled by operator objects like oscillators
and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included
in the package.

Ecasound is licensed under the GPL. The Ecasound Control Interface
(ECI) is licenced under the LGPL.

[...]

Web sites:
	http://www.eca.cx