This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygstart, mutt or mailcap?
On 23-Feb-2003 19:07, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
I tried everything now it may have something to do with starting it
directly from a view command within mutt. If I save it and then start
it either through windows or cygstart command it does not have any
1. Mutt saves the file to /tmp/something.doc
2. Mutt runs "cygstart /tmp/something.doc"
3. Cygstart starts Word (if necessary) and tells it to load the doc,
and exits immediately.
4. Since Cygstart has exited, Mutt deletes /tmp/something.doc
5. Word is still loading the file and gets in trouble
Just had a wild idea: try setting your .doc rule in your .mailcap as follows:
Application/MSWORD; cp %s /tmp/blah.doc && cygstart /tmp/blah.doc; copiousoutput;
It should set the permissions and ownership of /tmp/blah.doc to your
current user... Don't know if it'll help...
If my theory, correction, wild guess is correct, then this might indeed
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html