Re: exim 4.12-3 winsock problem (was Re: 1.3.21)

Jason Tishler wrote:
> Pierre,
> > On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 01:22:01PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> > > This reminds me of something similar, possibly last month.  Look for
> > > "exim", "services", "gerritt" In the end it was because exim was
> > > running as a special user who didn't have permission on the whole
> > > tree under c:\winnt.  First make sure Everybody has rx access to it.
> You may be onto something, see below...

This is from the exim 4.12 announcement:

There are also five Cygwin specific changes
 1) Use setgroups (requires Cygwin 1.3.13 or more recent).

If you run with -d you will see that exim sheds all supplementary
groups. As a first step you should make sure that the primary
group of SYSTEM is 544 on your system and not 18 (as it used to be
6 months back). That's needed to setuid, but I am not exactly
sure how it relates to wsock.

Can you better explain your setup, i.e. what user are you
running exim under normally, when you debug, when you strace, etc....

>     $ exim -bdf -q15m
>     wsock_init(): wsock_started = 0
>     wsock_init():  wsastartup = 0x7503d2c3
>     wsock_init(): wsastartup() returned 10107
>     getservbyname() failed with last error = 10093

Don't you think that failing to start wsock deserves a system_printf?

Unsubscribe info:
Bug reporting: