Re: mknod implementation clarification...thanks for the help

As I guessed, the point is to create a named pipe (a.k.a. "fifo").

Here's what you need to (but doubtless do not want to) know:

At 01:15 2002-11-12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 10:00:44AM +0100, Marcos Lorenzo wrote:
> I have a backup script that uses mkfifo. Obviously it is ported from a
> LinBox and I wanted to use it on cygwin.

It won't help since there are no named pipes (yet) in Cygwin.

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.

Randall Schulz