Re: Minimum Install for Executable Distrubution

Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de> writes:

> But I'm curious (and this question is often asked). Do you think
> something from the base install could be omitted /and/ having a
> working Cygwin install?

What is a working Cygwin install?  If you leave out a package, the
programs in that package won't be available, eg:

> [Base Packages]
> bash: The GNU Bourne Again SHell

leave out bash: you don't get bash.

> diffutils: A GNU collection of diff utilities

leave out diffutils: you don't get diff, patch.

> findutils: Utilities for finding files--find, xargs, and locate

leave out findutils: you don't get find.

Dependencies of a package are automatically selected/shown when you
[re]select to install that package.

I don't consider Cygwin without bash or find a 'working Cygwin
install', but YMMV.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke at gnu dot org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter       |

Unsubscribe info:
Bug reporting: