From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak [mailto:ronald at landheer dot com]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 5:46 AM
To: gilles bourgeois
Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Subject: Re: how to run a process from DOS within a cygwin .bat file

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, gilles bourgeois wrote:
> hello again
> does someone knows how to launch a cygwin shell and further commands from
> DOS, e.g with a help of a .bat file.
> I had a look of cygwin.bat file but I do not know the right syntax to give
> the command to the bash shell
DOS as in "Disk Operating System" (the "OS" of the pre-windows era, when
Bill Gates so rightly told us that "640 KB should be enough for anyone") -
impossible.

DOS as in a "DOS box" under Windows (i.e. the system shell, kinda) - just
run the darn thing. If your bin directory is in the PATH, just type
"bash".

That, and RTFM.

rlc