This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash's (built-in) type command can not handle spaces in paths
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <pierre dot humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:14:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: bash's (built-in) type command can not handle spaces in paths
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:42:53PM -0800, Curtis Siemens wrote:
> By the way, given that I can actually run an executable that bash/type
> can't find, does this suggest that possibly the builtin type command
> is doing something wrong?
Yes and no. Obviously it isn't working as it should. But in bash's defense
there is not a single POSIX call it could use to find out what your actual
access rights are, on systems that don't use the traditional permissions.
However "access" comes close.
The problem is being addressed and will be solved perfectly (time will tell !)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html