This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sed 4.0.5 regexp problem
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:32:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: sed 4.0.5 regexp problem
- References: <D5A7E45D575DD61180130002A5DB377C02D14F0E@ca25exm01>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 03:37:33PM -0800, Berger David-MGI2063 wrote:
> The following should be equivalent, they no longer are:
> echo 'T _atan2' | sed -e 's/^T\W*\(\w*\)/FuncSymbol(\1),/
> echo 'T _atan2' | sed -e 's/^T[[:space:]]*\([[:alnum:]_]*\)/FuncSymbol(\1),/
> The first one used to work, now only the second one does. This is not good.
Cygwin sed is just plain vanilla sed. Since sed is using it's own
homebrew of regex it's very likely a sed problem, not a Cygwin problem.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html