This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin unix path is not longer recognized
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <kumarchi at attbi dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:42:31 -0000
- Subject: Re: cygwin unix path is not longer recognized
- References: <E18pr1tfirstname.lastname@example.org>
kumarchi at attbi dot com wrote:
> I installed octave for windows. But this installation somehow mangled
> my cygwin (latest feb 9, 2003 )
> cygwin no longer recognizes unix type paths
> I cannot say
> /bin/ls or /cygdrive/d/bin/ls
> It has to be
> How can restore my unix paths?
Sounds like the Octave installer rewrote your mount table.
mount -f -s -b "M:/cygwin/bin" "/usr/bin"
mount -f -s -b "M:/cygwin/lib" "/usr/lib"
mount -f -s -b "M:/cygwin" "/"
adapting paths as necessary for your installation.
Of course, octave probably won't work after doing that...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html