This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
compiling setup.exe (was Re: Distributing .ISO files.)
- From: Robert Citek <rwcitek at alum dot calberkeley dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 19:01:21 -0600
- Subject: compiling setup.exe (was Re: Distributing .ISO files.)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 07:27 PM 3/3/2003 -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>> I'm still getting my feet wet with the Cygwin sources, CVS, patch, etc.
>> For example, I downloaded the setup module and compiled it. Instead of a
>> ~100 K file, mine was ~10 MB. It seems to work, but obviously, I did
>> something wrong. Or is being off by 2 orders of magnitude "close enough?"
>FYI, the stripped mingw-compiled setup.exe is just over 700k.
Hmmm. The one I downloaded from the web to do the Cygwin install was only
about 170k. How do I create that one?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html