This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Terminal output from ssh much slower than putty
- From: "Erik Vigmostad" <erik at artselect dot com>
- To: "'Robert Citek'" <rwcitek at alum dot calberkeley dot org>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:41:38 -0600
- Subject: RE: Terminal output from ssh much slower than putty
- Organization: ArtSelect, Inc.
- Reply-to: <erik at artselect dot com>
Mainly output for scripts, mysql queries, vi, etc. No screen captures.
From: Robert Citek [mailto:rwcitek at alum dot calberkeley dot org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 10:33 AM
To: Erik Vigmostad
Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Subject: Re: Terminal output from ssh much slower than putty
At 07:55 AM 3/5/2003 -0600, Erik Vigmostad wrote:
>Is there some way to speedup the output to my terminal? I would like
>to use cygwin for ssh'g to various servers, but it is so much
>slower that using putty that I can't.
What exactly are you using ssh/putty for? On-line editting (emacs, vi,
etc.), screen capturing, or other? Can you post a simple test case?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html