This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs/21.2 on cygwin/1.3.13-2 or 1.3.18-1, slow startup up with-q
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:59:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: emacs/21.2 on cygwin/1.3.13-2 or 1.3.18-1, slow startup up with-q
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- References: <200303071328.h27DSIaD017037@skunk.nvs.com>
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
Richard H. Broberg wrote:
I noticed that the emacs/21.2 built with both the 1.3.13-2 and
the 1.3.18-1 (2 distributions I have on 2 different machines)
is built in a funny way: a whole ton of stuff is loaded up
at startup due to 'loadup.el' being loaded, even when I start with
'emacs -q'. I have a script which runs emacs in batch mode
Sounds like you are running an old release of Cygwin emacs. It is
loading all that lisp because undump() was not added until recently.
Upgrade your emacs.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html