This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rpm-4.1 successful compile on Cygwin
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:48:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: rpm-4.1 successful compile on Cygwin
- References: <00be01c2e4c1$61dd9d90$78d96f83@pomello>
Max Bowsher wrote:
There's been sporadic interest in rpm, so I thought someone might find this
I've recently succeeded in persuading rpm-4.1 to compile under Cygwin.
It was more troublesome than rpm-4.0.4, as it makes some assumptions about
the system, and doesn't bother to use configure tests to make sure.
I'm rather unsure about one particular bit of code: is writing to the
environ pointer legal?
system dependent. Dunno about whether it's legal on cygwin; I doubt it.
I thought that rpm-4.x required Berkeley db-4.x -- which has not yet
been officially added to the cygwin distro. AFAIK, we have db2 and db3,
but not db4. How did you satisfy that dependency?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html