This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sudo and runas
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Chris January" <chris at atomice dot net>,"jon ewing" <jon at mediasurface dot com>
- Cc: "Cygwin at Cygwin dot Com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 01:08:50 -0000
- Subject: Re: sudo and runas
- References: <LPEHIHGCJOAIPFLADJAHOEIADGAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Chris January wrote:
>> jon at shuttle (/home/jon) % su dba
>> su: cannot set user id: Permission denied
> Doesn't seem to be authenticating properly here. Are you sure dba has
> network logon priveleges?
su doesn't work! It never has! It requires priviledges which are not
default, and should not be granted to user accounts.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html