This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] libtool patch for direct-linking-to-dll
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:34:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libtool patch for direct-linking-to-dll
- References: <3E6C8F6C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 08:13:16AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>I didn't realize it was a patch to rip out all of the import-lib
>building stuff, and replace it with the new link-to-dll support.
I've been blissfully trying to avoid libtool discussions but I have to
ask my standard question of "what about hybrid libraries which contain
import symbols and actual linkable objects, like the cygwin DLL".
I assume that this has been discussed but it's hard for me to believe
that any discussion would end with "We won't worry about them, then".
That seems to be counter to what libtool is all about.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html