Re: patch to cygwin1.dll

Try using esc .  that says repeat the last command.
if you want to repeat it more then once then use esc 10 .
That is dot not a period  by the way.  This is the way all
current varents of vi work that I have found.
This will repeat either commands or text input.. depends on
what your last keys pressed were.

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:37:32AM -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I don't know if this is obsolete information or not, but back in the
> old Vi (not Vim) days, one could type NUL while in input mode to repeat
> the most recently typed input sequence. Ever since the days of real
> terminals has passed (at least for use in everyday programming work)
> I've figured this was a lost feature, since I could never figure out
> how to type a NUL.
>
> If this change doesn't muck up anything else, I'd welcome it.
>
> Randall Schulz
>
> P.S. Your English requires no apologies (except that "English" is capitalized).
>

> At 23:39 2003-03-09, COTTO Daniel FTRD/DMI/CAE wrote:
> >Hi ,
> >
> >I have made a patch to the cygwin1.dll .
> >Its main purpose is to allow a nul character to be input from a french
> >keyboard. Also this patch adds some othre functions keys. If you are
> >interrested you have the diff file from the official cygwin-1.3.20-1
> >fhandler_console.cc
> >
> >the binding added are:
> >* ctrl-spc: nul character
> >* ctrl-f1 through ctrl-f10: \e7~ through \e16~
> >* alt-f1 through alt f10: \e[38~ through \e[47~
> >* app key binded to: \e[50~
> >* ctrl-tab and alt tab bind to esc tab.
> >* and some other minor binding; (see the attachment).
> >
> >If you want, you can use this patch and you can add it to a
> >next  version of cygwin1.dll.
> >
> >Daniel.
> >
> >P.S. sory for my bad english.
>

> --

Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...
Wayne Willcox                          I will not eat green eggs and ham
wayne at reliant dot immure dot com                     I will not eat them Sam I Am!!
A wise person makes his own decisions, a weak one obeys public opinion.
                -- Chinese proverb