This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: links does not work und windows Programm
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:09:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: links does not work und windows Programm
- References: <200303110950.h2B9ob819126@mailgate5.cinetic.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:50:37AM +0100, fj_br_ at web dot de wrote:
> So Excel thinks that the Symbolic link is a File and not a Link.
Bad luck. That's not under our control, obviously.
> A link made by Windows Explorere is not usable in cygwin.
That's by design. An Explorer link contains more information than just
the path to the target. So, if Cygwin considers an Explorer link as
symlink, you couldn't e. g. tar it up without loss since untar'ing
would just restore the path information but not the icon, the working
directory, the stratup info, etc., etc., ...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html