This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin gcc 3.4 and cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:39:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin gcc 3.4 and cygwin
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.44.0303121006550.2707-100000@eos>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:13:35AM -0600, Brian Ford wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:54:13PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>FWIW, I build cygwin itself with an unpatched version of gcc several
>>times a day.
>Gee. I hope Cygwin, and anything else you compile with that compiler for
>Cygwin, does not have structures containing doubles. Without
>MASK_ALIGN_DOUBLE in TARGET_SUBTARGET_DEFAULT of gcc/config/i386/cygwin.h,
>the standard Cygwin compiler and vanilla gcc are ABI incompatible.
>Doesn't this seem bad?
Oh, it seems horrific. Now I won't be able to sleep at night. Thanks a
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html