This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SHELL on W2K (gmake 3.79.1) is cmd.exe not /bin/sh
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Parish" <parish at ntlworld dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:12:22 -0000
- Subject: Re: SHELL on W2K (gmake 3.79.1) is cmd.exe not /bin/sh
- References: <1CA079E0A10FD7119DC20002A544C5BE553BDC@eesusciexs3.eesus.jnj.com> <3E6F64BB.email@example.com>
>> I am trying to help someone get Mozilla building on W2K but we can't
>> it to work because, it appears, the value of SHELL is being set to
>> cmd.exe (i.e. COMSPEC). It is being run from the cygwin bash shell.
Is SHELL set in the Windows environment? (i.e. before bash starts)
>> My setup works fine so I am looking for differences. I got him to run
>> make with -p and send me the output. The relevant bits from this are:
>> # makefile
>> MAKEFLAGS = --win32 -p
>> He has sh.exe in /bin (/cygdrive/d/Projects/cygwin/bin). I can
>> the problem on my system by renaming sh.exe and he assures me that
>> typing ''/bin/sh'' at the bash prompt works.
Get him to run "ls -l /bin/sh" and also "id" and send the output here.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html