This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
.profile and xterm
- From: "Ling F. Zhang" <lingfengz at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:52:19 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: .profile and xterm
- Reply-to: lingfengz at yahoo dot com
Just starting to play with cygwin. I edited my
.profile to do some nice aliases, setting PATH and
but I realize that as soon as I start a terminal using
xterm (I am using exceed as my Xserver, but shouldn't
matter) all the alias are gone (such as ls=ls
--color=auto, which is handy...), and I need to
deliberately source .profile again...any fix???
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Web Hosting - establish your business online
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html