This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emac for X11 throws error about entry point SmcClientID not be located in libSM.dll
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:08:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: emac for X11 throws error about entry point SmcClientID not be located in libSM.dll
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
I'm using win2000. I installed emacs-X11 and xfree86 for cygwin. When I
tried to run emacs, it throws an error window saying: The procedure
entry point SmcClientID could not be located in the dynamic link
library libSM.dll. I saw some mail talking about rebase or not rebase.
Is there a solution to it. Or my setup screwed up something? Or I need
to find a good mirror site to download?
Do you have libSM.dll somewhere?
I have XFree86-bin 4.2.0-2 and /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.dll has the symbol
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html