This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin setup keeps downgrading perl 5.8 -> 5.6
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Ashley Shugart <ashleyshugart at earthlink dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 21:44:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin setup keeps downgrading perl 5.8 -> 5.6
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3E72ECE2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am Samstag, 15. März 2003 um 10:05 schriebst du:
> NOTE: I am not on the list. Please reply directly.
> Why does cygwin setup want to downgrade perl from 5.8 to 5.6? Is this
> intentional or accidental? The following excerpt from
> shows 5.8 is listed under a [test] section.
> I couldn't find the web page that explained what [test] means. With
> this setup you have to catch cygwin each time you run setup to upgrade
> other packages, otherwse it will do the downgrade by default. (i.e you
> have to select "Keep" for perl).
I'm busy right now getting a "final" version of perl-5.8 out now.
It is marked with "Test", because I wanted some feedback at first
before releasing it as a stable version.
My workaround for setup.exe's behaviour is to install perl-5.8
manually over the existing 5.6.1 installation. Just extract the
binary package from the root path.