This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:20:10 -0500
- Subject: spawnve() problem
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
It looks like I am having a problem with spawnve(). Compiling
the AT&T ksh93 to use spawn instead of fork/exec improves performance,
but unfortunately Cygwin's spawnve() implementation appears to
reset signal handlers to default values in the new process.
This can cause shell script malfunctions -- signals that should
be ignored instead cause process termination.
Am I correct?
Any chance of changing this behavior so SIG_DFL and SIG_IGN are inherited?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html