Re: How to increase stack size!!!

Hi,

A screen capture is a bit excessive, is it not?

I'm not sure which shell you're using. Probably it's /bin/sh, which under Cygwin is "ash." Under BASH the diagnostic is a bit more enlightening:

% ulimit -s
2046

% ulimit -s 4096
bash: ulimit: stack size: cannot modify limit: Invalid argument

This is the real answer. The system call to which the ulimit shell built-in delegates its work is not implemented in Cygwin.

I believe link-time is the only way to override the default stack allotment is during compilation (or linking, as the case may be): E.g. (from a message by Gerrit P. Haase, subject "Re: increase stacksize" sent Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:54:42 +0200):

gcc -Wl,--stack,8388608 -o your.exe your.source.c

Randall Schulz