This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
inetd/telnet on win98 vs WinXP
- From: "BB" <canofspam at att dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:02:30 -0600
- Subject: inetd/telnet on win98 vs WinXP
- Reply-to: "BB" <canofspam at att dot net>
When I use inetd Win98 and telnet to it, I get a prompts for a password.
When I telnet to inetd on XP, it prompts for a user id and then a password.
Is there any reason for this inconsistency? Is there anything I can do to
make them consistent?
My guess is that is has something to do with the user id inetd is running
as. On Win98, I start inetd from as bash shell with a user id. On WinXP,
inetd is started as SYSTEM I think.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html