Re: Hate to say it, but...I've got the (dreadded) PID problem

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 02:46:00AM -0000, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> >...While fixing the permissions on my
> >installation (via a combination of `find -exec' and `chmod'), and when I
say
> >while I mean pretty much straight away, I started getting tones of
"Access
> >is denied" messages from find.
>
> If you needed to do the chmod thing then that should be your first line
> of attack.  Do this from a console window, not running cygwin:
>
> cd c:\cygwin
> chmod -R a+r bin lib sbin usr etc tmp var
> chmod -R a+x bin sbin usr/sbin usr/local/bin lib/gcc-lib/*.exe
usr/X11R6/bin

I get "Access is denied". After a reboot this works, but as soon as I start
building my companies toolchains (GNU Autotools based) I start getting the
"Access is denied" message all over again...

> Although, theoretically, this shouldn't be necessary if you have used
> the latest version of setup.

I did, but coming from a sysadmin prospective I don't like all of my files
being world-writable ;-)

> cgf

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney