This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Determining the location of a Cygwin installation
- From: John Dallaway <jld at ecoscentric dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:32:52 +0000
- Subject: Determining the location of a Cygwin installation
- Organization: eCosCentric Limited
I need to determine the location of an existing Cygwin net installation
programatically. More precisely, I need to determine the native path to the
directory containing cygwin1.dll from outside the Cygwin environment. I
could interrogate the registry for mount points, but in the worst case I
would have to look under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for
both the "/bin" and "/" mount points. Is there a more robust method?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html