RE: setup.exe beta (testing needed - really!)

Pavel Tsekov asked:

> Is it possible that the problematic box has X already installed
> on it ? If there is an older version of a package already
> installed, setup  will try to upgrade it.

No, it doesn't. The "current" column is blank. Also, there are no
XFree86 packages in the download directory from before, so that's not a
factor either, I think.

Actually, that brings up a good point: how does setup decide if a
package has been installed, and what version of it? Where does it keep
this information?

Perhaps I had once installed and then removed XFree86 (I can't
remember), and that has left some droppings behind somewhere?
--
Shankar.