This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: RPM-4.1 port to Cygwin available
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: Marcel Telka <marcel at telka dot sk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:00:50 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: RPM-4.1 port to Cygwin available
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Marcel Telka wrote:
> > For that, however, these programs need to be *native Windows binaries*
> > (i.e. no cygwin layer underneath), or you'd have a chicken-and-egg
> > problem doing a first-time installation (or any time you updated cygwin
> > itself).
> What about linking cygwin library statically into rpm (or apt-get) binary?
This is currently not possible AFAIK.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html