Re: Corrected: setup.exe beta (testing needed - really!)

Robert Collins wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Robert Collins wrote:
>> I'm getting this too - but only on my desktop - not my laptop.
>> Crash frequency is only 1 in 20, as well.
>>> Ok, well this is 'not good' :}.
>>> At what point does it crash?
>> Before the splash page appears.
> Ah. Can you reproduce it under gdb? If not, can you generate the line
> numbers from the addresses in the backtrace (hint: fire up gdb, load the
> .exe that you used to provoke the problem, and then
> list *0x000223344 )

No, can't reproduce inside gdb.

The address of the crash is in the system DLL area.

I will download Dr. MinGW, and try to get a backtrace that way.

I suggest relocating this thread to cygwin-apps. I will post my next message
there, unless told otherwise.

Unsubscribe info:
Bug reporting: