how to source the environment variables from windows within an existing cygwin window/terminal again?

When I start cygwin by the desktop icon, it inherits the windows variables
before it executes the ~/.bashrc and sets the environment variables
specified therein.

If I update/change the windows environment variables (right-click on "My
Computer" - Properties - Advanced - Environment Variables), how can get
these new variables into an already existing cygwin window?

Also, it appears that when starting a new cygwin window out of an existing
one (by running "cygstart /bin/bash"), the new one will not inherit from the
windows environment in the same way as the first cygwin window did.

I didn't find any hints to this in or or the nor in this mailing list archive - any other
places I ought to have looked for it?

Thanks for any hints in advance!

P.S.: I got into these questions due to ssh-agent:
i) When running ssh-agent out of cygwin, I also have to start wincvs or
emacs out of the same cygwin shell (or children of it), otherwise, they will
not be able to profit from ssh-agent.
If I use win-ssh-agent.exe (see,
the problem is the opposite: I can no longer eval it when starting it, ==>
the terminal (and its children) from which I started win-ssh-agent.exe
cannot profit from it. I have to kill it and start a new cygwin window by
the desktop icon/link or the start-Programs-Menu.

Unsubscribe info:
Bug reporting: