This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Corrected: setup.exe beta (testing needed - really!)
- From: "Vince Hoffman" <vince dot hoffman at uk dot circle dot com>
- To: "Robert Collins" <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:10:37 -0000
- Subject: Re: Corrected: setup.exe beta (testing needed - really!)
- References: <1048714873.9946.37.camel@localhost>
> Ok, well this is 'not good' :}.
> At what point does it crash?
At start before any window appears.
Shuttting down cygwin services made no difference.
let me know if there is any more i can do to help the problem.
> Assuming it crashes straight after download screen - can you do a few
> things for me?
> Firstly, I note that you have a lot of background cygwin processes -
> inetd, ssh, cygrunsrv etc. Can you shut them all down?
> Now, put setup through a few upgrades/reinstalls and see if it still
> If it doesn't, then we know where to look for the possible bug.
> If it still crashes, or if it's crashing elsewhere than
> after-the-download, can you provide a step by step journal of your
> choices in setup to help us reproduce the problem ( if we can't
> reproduce it, we can't fix it in any reasonable timeframe).
> Thanks for the feedback,
> GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html