Re: Cygwin Cross compiler on Linux

FWIW, AFAIK cgf uses a cross-compiler to build mostly everything he builds
for the Cygwin distri (but cgf, please correct me if I'm wrong and/or
you've changed your habits).

There is a small patch to be applied to vanilla gcc to have it be
compatible with Cygwin's gcc (double alignment in structures). There's
been a discussion on that only last month. Because of this (and other)
reason(s), you really should use Cygwin CVS to build this.

cgf posted minimalist instructions recently (Jan or Feb, I don't recall -
but you can search the ml archives for it) that tells you how to do it,
with an explicit warning that he wasn't going to help out on it.

note the last paragraph:
> Before someone asks, I built the cross compiler myself, I'm not willing
> to make it available for general distribution, and I'm not willing to
> act as a mentor to other enterprising souls who want to do the same
> thing.  There are surely web sites out there which deal with this issue.

HTH

rlc