This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: newbie Q: list of files I need to tweak/create to run cygwin
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"kiwhan chung" <kiwhan at hotmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:23:41 -0000
- Subject: Re: newbie Q: list of files I need to tweak/create to run cygwin
- References: <BAY1-F100lxw00dSdVu0000703e@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
> I am completely new to linux/cygwin and read all the documentation, but
> still I don't quite understand how to setup the cygwin.
> So far I was able to install the cygwin software and tweaked the
> file and created a home directory so that I can try some elementary
> commands. Ultimately I'd like to run MCNPX and GEANT (both are particle
> transport packages) on this platform, and I'd appreciate if anyone can
> me which files I need to tweak/create to have xwindow working.
cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com is the mailing list to ask this question. Sorry, I
don't use X :-)
> My extent of experience with unix is very shallow and I have never
> any unix software by myself. I just used what was installed for me by the
> I read User's Guide, FAQ and Installation Guide, but I still didn't have a
> good picture of what steps I need to take to have the operational
There's documentation on <http://xfree.cygwin.com/> for this stuff,
including links on how to get Gnome/KDE running.
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html