This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mozilla 1.3 built on cygwin?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:48:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: Mozilla 1.3 built on cygwin?
- References: <002301c2f4b4$6e378c60$80cf06d5@BRAMSCHE>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 11:58:50PM +0100, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>I can't prove a fact, that forking is the most anonying problem and there were
>some initial work from some people (I remember Chris Faylor, Chris January and
>other) to identify the problems and to implement a new copy-on-write semantic,
>which will be much faster,
You misremember. I did hobble together a copy-on-write implementation and found
that it was actually slower. The generic win32 implementation of copy-on-write
isn't powerful enough to completely implement fork anyway.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html