This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Allowing EASY install of thirtd party software (RE: Two GPL clarifications)
- From: "Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail)" <garbage_collector at telia dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:15:49 +0100
- Subject: Allowing EASY install of thirtd party software (RE: Two GPL clarifications)
If I have "analyzed" things correctly lately;
most of the GPL violations are done in this situation:
1) Person "P" writes/ports some nice software using cygwin.
2) P picks out required parts of cygwin runtime objects
and builds a package that is fast and easy to install.
3) P puts the package on a webpage.
Maybe the GPL-violation-warning should be accompanied with a pointer
to an easy-to-follow instruction on the use of a custom setup.ini
As I've had no interest in looking the subject up;
a) Is there such a webpage?
b) Is there a nice stub for such an setup.ini file?
/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden
--END OF MESSAGE--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html