This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Building DLLs to be loaded from Visual Basic
- From: "Mader, Alexander" <alexander dot mader at niles dot de>
- To: Massimiliano Mirra <mmirra at libero dot it>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:08:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: Building DLLs to be loaded from Visual Basic
- Organization: NILES Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Massimiliano Mirra schrieb:
- is anybody today successfully building DLLs with cygwin (not
mingw32) and loading them from Visual Basic (or other languages)?
I have to provide DLLs for VB and do so by using Cygwin but with
-mnocygwin, which is more or less using mingw32. Anyway, I proceed this
way in order to limit the library dependencies to native MS ones.
- is documentation about the process available?
I have no idea. But I know about some problems regading VB in connection
with C _not_ with Cygwin. So, compiling with gcc-2 it is usefull to use
-fnative-struct (no more available/nessesary in gcc). Because of the VB-
Structure-Conventions it could be nessesary to use -fpack-struct
together with dummy elements in the structure in question. The solution
to problems like this I found in the MS database.
Hope this helps,
Alexander Mader <alexander dot mader at niles dot de> Fon: +49-30-93033-636
NILES Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH Fax: +49-30-93033-603
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html